Customary garage floors are out and out dark cement. After some time, stains from oil, oils, and synthetics cause plain dim cement to turn into an appalling blemish. Having an epoxy garage floor coating will give you long periods of service, strength and will oppose most stains; just as furnish you with a perfectly, completed surface to safeguard the estimation of your home.
The Most Common Epoxy Floor Coating Systems
There are three normal frameworks accessible that will improve your garage floor:
- Epoxy and Polyurethane Solid Color System
- Epoxy Chipstone (fractional vinyl chip communicate) with Polyurethane Top Coat System
- Epoxy Granitex (100% vinyl chip communicate) with Polyurethane Top Coat System
Remember that with these three epoxy frameworks, you have ‘great’, ‘better’ and ‘best’ sorts of epoxy garage floor frameworks.
The Good System
The epoxy polyurethane strong shading framework will last roughly 5-7 years, support free, however will require an upkeep layer of pigmented polyurethane. This Epoxy Garage Floor Installers near me is typically a two-coat, slender film framework; going in thickness from 4-20 mils. It is applied by roller or airless sprayer.
The Better System
The epoxy Chipstone framework will last roughly 7-12 years, support free before requiring an upkeep layer of clear polyurethane. This epoxy garage floor framework normally comprises of one pigmented preliminary layer of epoxy; a pigmented shading cover with a halfway/light communicate of vinyl chips into the wet epoxy; and a solitary layer of clear polyurethane for security. The thickness is roughly 20-30 mils.
The Best System
The epoxy Granitex framework can keep going up to 12-15+ years, upkeep free before requiring a support layer of polyurethane. This epoxy floor coating is regularly one pigmented groundwork coat; a pigmented shading cover with a 100%/full communicate of vinyl chips; and two layers of clear polyurethane.
Appropriate surface arrangement is imperative to the long haul accomplishment of the installation. All surfaces to be covered must be cleaned of contaminants which may meddle with holding. Concrete must be corrosive scratched, shot-impacted or precious stone ground to accomplish a profile like 120 coarseness sandpaper. After arrangement, the solid surface ought to be examined for openings and breaks. On the off chance that gaps or breaks are predominant, at that point interwoven ought to be performed. When readiness is finished, installation is prepared to start.
Installation of Granitex Epoxy Garage Floor System:
- Surface readiness, interwoven and move one layer of pigmented epoxy preliminary.
- After epoxy groundwork is dry, assess, prep and turn one layer of pigmented epoxy over prepared zone. Work in 10×10 or 12×12 segments one after another. While epoxy is wet, communicated vinyl chips into wet epoxy. Be certain the zone gets 100% inclusion. At the point when all segments are totally secured, let dry altogether.
- When all segments are dry, scratch, clear and vacuum all abundance Granitex vinyl chips from the surface. Apply a slender layer of polyurethane to secure and lay vinyl chips.
All epoxy garage floor coatings can be effectively cleaned with mellow, fluid cleansers; at that point wiping, hosing or in any event, stiffening. Oil, oils, and most synthetics would not recolor or assimilate into the epoxy covered floor.